One always wishes that a debate as complicated as the one on the burqa takes place in an environment where there is neither an opportunistic, polarized discussion on national identity, nor a vote against minarets in a neighboring country. But we do not live in an ideal world. The burqa debate has entered the public sphere, and now must be addressed. The solution is for Parliament should express its rejection of any sign undermining women’s dignity.
- Roland Schatz 6604 view(s)
- Richard Barrett 1627 view(s)
- Excerpt: Meet a famous Arab sex therapist 1445 view(s)
- Massimo Buonomo 1392 view(s)
- A Unique Series on Religion & the Public Space: An Introduction 1170 view(s)