Assistant Professor at Rutgers University
Tarek Kahlaoui, Ph.D., completed his dissertation on “The Depiction of the Mediterranean in Islamic Cartography” (11th -16th centuries), and currently teaches a course in Islamic art and architecture. He took part in various excavations in Islamic and ancient sites in Tunisia, where he worked on the archival sources and rural landscape of the medieval and early modern history of Jerba, the Tunisian island.
Visiting Research Fellow at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) in Singapore. Singapore »
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 230,845 views
- Somalia in Shambles 105,700 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 53,749 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 51,182 views
- Cultural Diversity, Democracy and Good Governance 27,776 views