He is a specialist on comparative European politics (especially Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK), constitutional politics and decision-making in the EU and comparative federalism and confederalism. He is the author of Between Two Unions: Europeanisation and Scottish Devolution (Manchester U.P., 2005) and of articles in Political Studies, Party Politics, Regional and Federal Studies, Nations and Nationalism, the Swiss Political Science Review and the Österreichische Zeitschrift für Politikwissenschaft.
Dr. Dardanelli has advised the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Swiss Embassy in London and the Institut européen pour la coopération territoriale and given evidence to the House of Lords. He contributes to Oxford Analytica, has published articles in La Jornada and letters in Times Higher Education, The Economist and The European and has been interviewed by BBC News 24, BBC Radio 4, European Voice, Facts, World Radio Switzerland, SwissInfo, Rzeczpospolita, South China Morning Post, Metro, Campaigns and Elections and Invicta FM. More information is available on Dr. Dardanelli’s personal website: www.dardanelli.net.
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 230,735 views
- Somalia in Shambles 105,625 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 53,747 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 51,181 views
- Cultural Diversity, Democracy and Good Governance 27,776 views