Senior Fellow at the Woodstock Theological Center
Area of Expertise: Religion
Geographical Expertise - Region: Asia, Balkans, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North Africa and Middle East, North America, Oceania, Subsaharan Africa
Field of Work: Author/Novelist, Journalist/Commentator, Religious Leader, Think tank/Research center
City: Washington DC
Continent: North America
Rev. Thomas J. Reese, S.J., is a senior fellow at the Woodstock Theological Center at Georgetown University where he focuses on religion and public policy. Father Reese has a Master of Divinity from the Jesuit School of Theology, Berkeley , and a Ph.D. in political science from the University of California, Berkeley.
From 1998 to 2005, he was editor of America, the national Catholic weekly magazine. He is author of a trilogy examining the organization and politics of the Catholic Church, including Inside the Vatican: The Politics and Organization of the Catholic Church. He is a regular contributor to the Washington Post’s On Faith blog.
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 309,160 views
- Somalia in Shambles 150,928 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 69,039 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 61,667 views
- Secrecy is the problem, not leakers 39,309 views