Area of Expertise: Civil Society, International Relations, Media, Terrorism, War and Conflict
Geographical Expertise - Region: Europe, North Africa and Middle East, North America
Languages: English, French
Field of Work: Academia, Think tank/Research center
Dr. Huyghe has a PhD. in Political Sciences, and a French “Habilitation à diriger des recherches” (which entitles to PHD research) in Information and Communication Sciences.
After several years devoted to TV film making and serving as international civil servant for Unesco, he wrote critical essays, among others “Soft-idéology”,” Softspeak”, “Experts or how to Get Wrong”.
Dr. Huyghe has also published on the history of communications ( “Silk Roads”, “Spice Roads”, “Imago Mundi”, “A Story of Secrecies”, “Rug Roads”..). As a researcher in mediology and as specialist on media studies, he is member of the publishing comitee of “Cahiers de médiologie” and “Medium”. Several of his works deal with the relationship between information and conlict.
Karim Emile Bitar
Research Fellow, Institute for International & Strategic Relations France, Lebanon, USA »
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 305,754 views
- Somalia in Shambles 149,027 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 66,798 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 59,523 views
- Secrecy is the problem, not leakers 36,804 views