Associate Fellow, Chatham House
Area of Expertise: Terrorism, War and Conflict
Geographical Expertise - Region: Europe
Languages: Arabic, English, French
Field of Work: Law, Think tank/Research center
Fadi Hakura is a Turkey expert and associate fellow at Chatham House, the UK’s leading foreign policy thinktank. He regularly comments for the international media on all aspects of Turkish politics, foreign and security policies, including EU accession issues and Turkey’s regional relations.
Mr. Hakura has been a guest lecturer on EU-Turkey relations at University College London since 2005. He previously managed Conkura Consulting, a legal and management consultancy which he also founded. From 2000-1 he served as European Counsellor at the World Bank, and from 1999-2000 as a lawyer for the Competition Directorate-General at the European Commission.
Latest articles from Fadi Hakura
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 308,778 views
- Somalia in Shambles 150,741 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 68,817 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 61,439 views
- Secrecy is the problem, not leakers 39,102 views