Former coordinator, UN Monitoring Group on Somalia
Area of Expertise: Development, Terrorism, War and Conflict
Geographical Expertise - Region: Subsaharan Africa
Languages: English, Flemish, French, German
Field of Work: United Nations
Bruno Schiemsky is former coordinator of the UN Monitoring Group on Somalia. He is currently based in Nairobi, Kenya, as a security consultant.
He has had over eighteen years of progressive management experience in conflict and post-conflict countries within Africa.
His expertise includes identifying human rights and failed state-related issues, assessing the impact of weapons smuggling, and transnational criminal organizations; additionally, the emergence of militant organizations and rebel movements in Sub-Saharan Africa, by identifying the financial links between the presence of natural resources and conflicts; and formulating recommendations and capacity building measures to improve post-conflict recovery.
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 309,160 views
- Somalia in Shambles 150,928 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 69,039 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 61,667 views
- Secrecy is the problem, not leakers 39,309 views