Director, Three Faiths Forum
Stephen Shashoua is the director of The Three Faiths Forum. His work focuses on the educational sector, working internationally as an advisor and coordinator to both young and mature, disabled and impoverished students of diverse cultures.
The Three Faiths Forum facilitates dialogue, leading to action with people from other faiths, and those who do not subscribe to any religion. Since joining in 2005, Mr. Shashoua has initiated the intercultural/interfaith programmatic work of the forum in education and mentoring. His key accomplishments as director have been the launch of an educational branch in the Middle East and the initiation of new relationships between Muslim, Christian and Jewish community leaders and single faith organisations.
He holds degrees in journalism, anthropology, education and English literature and is co-founder of “Iraq in Common”, a project for those of Iraqi descent of different faiths. Mr. Shashoua was born in Canada, and is of Iraqi-Jewish descent.
Director of the Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation, Deakin University Australia »
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 309,160 views
- Somalia in Shambles 150,928 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 69,039 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 61,667 views
- Secrecy is the problem, not leakers 39,309 views