Researcher at the Institute of Development Research
Area of Expertise: Development, Law and Human Rights, Migration and Integration, Religion, Terrorism, War and Conflict
Geographical Expertise - Region: Subsaharan Africa
Languages: English, French
Field of Work: Author/Novelist, Think tank/Research center
Marc-Antoine Pérouse de Montclos is a specialist on armed conflicts in sub-Saharan Africa. He is a graduate of the Institute of Policy Studies in Paris, where he teaches and is a researcher at the Institute of Development Research.
After living several years in Nigeria, South Africa and Kenya, he now studies the impact of forced migrations and humanitarian aid. He wrote several articles and books, including Le Nigeria, Violence et sécurité urbaines, L’aide humanitaire, aide à la guerre?, Villes et violences en Afrique subsaharienne, Diaspora et terrorisme, Guerres d’aujourd’hui and Etats faibles et sécurité privée en Afrique noire.
Director of the Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation, Deakin University Australia »
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 297,086 views
- Somalia in Shambles 145,277 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 62,000 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 55,105 views
- Secrecy is the problem, not leakers 31,976 views