Senior Research Fellow, CERI
Area of Expertise: Law and Human Rights, Religion, Terrorism, War and Conflict
Geographical Expertise - Region: Asia, Europe
Geographical Expertise - Country: India, Pakistan
Languages: English, French
Field of Work: Author/Novelist, Think tank/Research center
Christophe Jaffrelot is a French political scientist and expert on South Asia, particularly India and Pakistan. He is the former director of CERI at SciencesPo in Paris, France’s foremost center for research on international politics, and served in this role from 2002-8.
Dr. Jaffrelot has written frequently about nationalism in India and Pakistan, and the political roots of Hindu-Muslim conflict. He chairs the Asia Group at the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and is frequently called upon to provide policy-level advice on developments in South Asia.
He holds a doctorate in political science from the Institute of Political Studies (IEP) in Paris, and has previously studied at the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne and the National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilizations (INALCO).
Latest articles from Christophe Jaffrelot
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 309,160 views
- Somalia in Shambles 150,928 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 69,039 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 61,667 views
- Secrecy is the problem, not leakers 39,309 views