Writer and columnist
Area of Expertise: Religion, Women's Rights
Geographical Expertise - Region: Europe
Languages: English, French
Field of Work: Academia, Author/Novelist, Journalist/Commentator
Caroline Fourest is a French writer and columnist.
She has a weekly column in Le Monde, discussing French culture, and teaches about multiculturalism and universalism at Sciences Po-Paris.
She is a commentator on fundamentalism in the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam), as well as political extremism and the far-right. Many of her books have received international acclaim, including Brother Tariq, a critical look at the career of Tariq Ramadan, and her most recent work, The Last Utopia.
She has received several awards for her work, including the national award of ‘Laïcité’ in 2005, and the ‘Political Book Award’ in 2006.
Latest articles from Caroline Fourest
Visiting Research Fellow at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) in Singapore. Singapore »
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 271,984 views
- Somalia in Shambles 128,892 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 59,103 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 52,882 views
- Secrecy is the problem, not leakers 29,803 views