Writer and columnist
Area of Expertise: Religion, Women's Rights
Geographical Expertise - Region: Europe
Languages: English, French
Field of Work: Academia, Author/Novelist, Journalist/Commentator
Caroline Fourest is a French writer and columnist.
She has a weekly column in Le Monde, discussing French culture, and teaches about multiculturalism and universalism at Sciences Po-Paris.
She is a commentator on fundamentalism in the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam), as well as political extremism and the far-right. Many of her books have received international acclaim, including Brother Tariq, a critical look at the career of Tariq Ramadan, and her most recent work, The Last Utopia.
She has received several awards for her work, including the national award of ‘Laïcité’ in 2005, and the ‘Political Book Award’ in 2006.
Latest articles from Caroline Fourest
- Roland Schatz 6610 view(s)
- Richard Barrett 1651 view(s)
- Excerpt: Meet a famous Arab sex therapist 1451 view(s)
- Massimo Buonomo 1404 view(s)
- A Unique Series on Religion & the Public Space: An Introduction 1170 view(s)