Area of Expertise: Business and Globalization, Civil Society, Migration and Integration
Geographical Expertise - Region: Latin America and the Caribbean
Languages: English, Italian, Portuguese
Field of Work: Academia, Non-Governmental
City: Sao Paulo
Continent: South America
Buonomo also is Chairman for Friends of Kyoto Protocol, a UNFCCC-recognized NGO, with bases in Italy and Brazil since 2005. Before that he was professor and researcher at the PUC University in Rio de Janeiro. He conducted a research project that aimed to analyze emerging market banks in South American countries and to create models and comparisons to analyze South American banks as “emerging banks”, to compare with banks in developed countries. Buonomo has also worked as Senior Non-European Bank Analyst at Credit Lyonais Securities and as financial analyst at Merrill Lynch in London, and as financial analyst at Chemical Bank in Italy.
He was visiting professor in MBA Program at Columbia Business School in New York. Buonomo has Master’s degree in Advanced Economics from College of Europe in Belgium and undergraduate degree from University of Siena, Italy. Buonomo is also a member of Society of Italian Economists.
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 234,827 views
- Somalia in Shambles 108,138 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 54,143 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 51,340 views
- Cultural Diversity, Democracy and Good Governance 27,865 views