After an expert is recommended to us, they are scrutinized to ensure that their writings, professional work, and public speaking record meet the necessary criteria for inclusion in the resource.
Criteria include having a sustained record of leadership; showing innovation and achievement within their chosen field, being well-regarded by their peers; having a track record of generating informed comment on a consistent basis in a way that advances debates beyond stereotypes.
Some experts on the resource are widely celebrated well-known individuals, while others are individuals doing extremely valuable work but are less known.
The Alliance Secretariat is committed to an open process in selecting experts. The Alliance also accepts experts’ suggestions from the public. As the Global Experts resource has grown, the Alliance has also turned to current Global Experts for their recommendations on additions to Global Experts.
Karim Emile Bitar
Research Fellow, Institute for International & Strategic Relations France, Lebanon, USA »
- A New Article Series: Youth, Civic Engagement and Democratic Processes 298,526 views
- Somalia in Shambles 145,860 views
- Interview with Ali Gomaa, Grand Mufti of Egypt 62,853 views
- Immediate Reactions from Experts on Egypt 56,172 views
- Secrecy is the problem, not leakers 32,739 views